Click thumbnails below to enlarge image.
Cutting-Edge Reflective Technology
Astro-Therm thermal insulation is the latest in cutting-edge reflective technology.
Innovative Energy developed this unique 8-layer design in order to achieve higher thermal performance in building applications.
As much as 95% of radiant heat can be blocked, making Astro-Therm ideal for a variety of different installations including
Residential, Agricultural, Do-It-Yourself, Commercial, Automotive, Industrial, OEM, and more. Astro-Therm works great for any new or retro-fit application.
Reduces Building Condensation
Lightweight and Easy to Install
Improves Building Envelope Performance
4' x 125' Rolls
Four layers of 1/16" polypropylene foam sandwiched between two layers of polyethylene film, which is laminated to a highly relective surface. Available in 4' x 125' rolls.
|-65 to +165
||26 lbs/125 sq. ft. (nominal)
Astro-Therm Installation Instructions
Pre-Engineered Metal and Post-Frame Applications
Vertical Installation in Walls
- Measure the length to be applied and then cut a similar length of Astro-Therm, adding an inch or two to assure complete coverage at top and bottom.
- At corners, wrap around the corner and continue vertical installation.
- Cut a second length and position next to the first length.
- Butt sides evenly together or slightly overlap. Tape all seams.
Horizontal Installation in Walls
- Snap a line across the entire wall length to establish a straight edge.
- Measure the length to be applied from corner to corner, allowing an additional amount of overlapping.
- Starting at the bottom of the wall, overlap the foundation approximately 3", keeping the top edge parallel to the snap line.
- Wrap around the corner and staple or tape in place.
- Install the next length parallel to the first length, overlapping the first layer 2". Tape all seams.
Installation in Roofs
- Starting at the end of the roofing framework, measure the length across the trusses, adding enough to allow hang at both ends.
- Cut the first piece and lay in place.
- Pull tight from both ends and attach to trusses and purlins using self-tapping screws and washers or with pressure-sensitive reflective tape.
- Cut the second length, laying parallel to first. Make sure to butt or slightly overlap edges. Tape all seams.