There are several important things commercial and residential building owners can do to reduce energy costs of a building or structure. When insulating a home or adding commercial insulation, it is critical to be sure to install the recommended amount of insulation. In many parts of the U.S., installing reflective insulation or radiant barriers can add significant resistance to the effects of radiant heat coming from the sun.
When radiant heat strikes the surface of a building the temperature of that surface increases as the radiant heat is absorbed. Mass insulation merely slows down the transfer of this heat to the interior of the building, whereas reflective insulation and radiant barriers can block 94 percent of radiant heat. Our wide variety of reflective insulation products can be used in addition to, or instead of, mass insulation to significantly reduce energy consumption in virtually any building — helping to save money while conserving our natural resources and environment.
- Request Quote or Samples
- How Reflective Insulation, Radiant Barriers Work
- Download Our Guidelines for Installing Reflective Insulation
- Take Advantage of Home Improvement Tax Credits
- How Reflective Insulation Benefits Buildings
- Radiant Barrier Insulation, What You Need to Know
Facts About Our Reflective Insulation Products:
- Increase energy efficiency
- Cut energy consumption and costs
- Improve interior comfort
- Thin and lightweight
- Nontoxic and fiberless
- Easy and safe to install; no special protective gloves or clothing required
- Reduce condensation or prevent moisture intrusion with select products
- Products for virtually any structure:
R+HEATSHIELD Radiant Barrier in Action
WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS ON BUILDING APPLICATIONS
• Although AstroShield and astroECO products have UV and thermal blockers built in to the structures, the warranty does not cover installation in open or exposed applications such as lean-to’s and open sided animal confinement buildings.
• Applications where chemicals and off gassing products are present may void the warranty.
See full warranty details here.