INDUSTRIAL AND COMMERCIAL
Reflective Insulation & Radiant Barrier Products
Our leading reflective insulation and radiant barrier products — AstroShield, astroECO and R+HEATSHIELD — reduce radiant heat transfer, provide energy cost savings and improve interior comfort, increasingly important features for industrial and commercial buildings (especially metal buildings and post-frame construction).
Our unique metalized aluminum film reflects (blocks) 94 percent of radiant heat. Fiberglass, foam or cellulose insulations absorb heat. When these materials absorb heat, they merely slow down its transfer. To improve the performance of an industrial insulation system, reflective insulation or radiant barrier materials should be installed.
To learn more, click Understanding Reflective Insulation.
Benefits of Our Reflective Insulation Products:
- Cut energy costs
- Reduce energy consumption
- Improve interior comfort
- Deliver excellent thermal performance
- Reduce condensation
- Easy to install; no special handling or breathing protection required
I.E.’s industrial insulation materials are ideal in the following applications
Download our guidelines for installing reflective insulation.
- Install AstroShield, astroECO or R+HEATSHIELD products over purlins and girts to reduce condensation, prevent heat gain during summer months and reduce heat loss during winter months.
- Install AstroShield or astroECO products on the bottom of trusses or exposed ceilings to prevent heat build-up during the summer and reduce heating costs during the winter.
- Seal your ducts by wrapping them with AstroShield or astroECO. You will minimize energy use by keeping the air flowing through the registers, not escaping into unwanted areas.
- Keep your garage temperature more comfortable year-round with a Garage Door Insulation Kit.
- Use AstroShield or astroECO industrial insulation products on exterior walls in post-frame and pre-engineered metal buildings to cut energy costs, reduce condensation and prevent heat gain or loss.
- Lay Tuff Stuff thermal moisture barrier under concrete slabs (radiant heated or unheated) to reduce heat loss and prevent ground moisture transfer. Provides a radon barrier, too.
For More Information
- Contact Us
- Product Information: AstroShield, astroECO, Astro-Safe, R+HEATSHIELD, Tuff Stuff
DIY & Retail Items, Garage Door Insulation Kit.
- View Test Data
WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS ON BUILDING APPLICATIONS
• Although AstroShield and astroECO products have UV and thermal blockers built in to the structures, the warranty does not cover installation in open or exposed applications such as lean-to’s and open sided animal confinement buildings.
• Applications where chemicals and off gassing products are present may void the warranty.
See full warranty details here.