InsulTote liners can keep your rotisserie chicken hot, or your ice cream cold, all the way home! Whether you ordered an InsulTote liner on your own, or received one in a temperature sensitive package you received, put it to work! You may know that the reflective insulation in InsulTote liners stop heat transfer and work to keep items cold or hot, but you might be missing an opportunity to reuse these handy little helpers. Reusing your shipping pouches and box liners will save you money, save your groceries, and help to save the planet. At Innovative Energy, we are committed to sustainability, and encourage you to take every opportunity to get the most out of your products.
We understand that this can require a tiny bit of effort to get into the new routine of carrying InsulTotes with you, but the benefits are so great that we want to help you get started!
Here are a few easy tips to help you remember to re-use your InsulTote liners and shopping bags (before you’re already in the checkout line).
- Color Coordinate- Place your InsulTote liners in your brightest colored shopping bag with your other re-usable bags; using the brightest colored bag to store them will make it easier to spot in the car, and harder to forget! They’ll all be in one easy-to grab-bundle.
- Put them on your list!- Add “InsulTote liners” to the top of your shopping list so their on the brain before you head out the door.
- Reward yourself!- If you remember to take your InsulTote liner into the store, pick up your favorite frozen/refrigerated/hot treat! Ice cream bar? Pizza slice? Chocolate bar? Your treat may not make it home from the store safely without the help of your trusty InsulTote liner.
- Make InsulTote Pay!– Paperclip a little cash to the InsulTote liner when you’re done with it. Next time, if you remember to take the InsulTote in, use that cash for your treat. No bags, no treat! That’ll teach ya!
- Unload/Reload!- After unpacking your InsulTote liner and re-usable bags, immediately organize them into the brightest one and hang it on the door handle. This way you will remember to return them to the car the next time you leave the house.
- Have back-ups!-No matter how good our intentions are, we are going to forget the InsulTote liners. Make sure you have a couple of extra InsulTote liners that live in your car (separate for hot and cold items. If you have a favorite trick for re-using your InsulTote liners, or tips to remember to take them into the store; please share with us on Facebook!
Pro Tip: If the tape on the InsulTote flap has seen better days, simply cut that flap off with household scissors. For short trips from the grocery store, you can simply fold the InsulTote liner over to keep closed. For longer trips, or to re-use them for shipping, you can use clear packing tape to seal them closed before shipping.