What is Astro-Pearl ?
Astro-Pearl reflective insulation material is Innovative Energy’s latest effort to meet customer needs. Many years ago, Innovative Energy developed a product with a reflective surface on one side and a white finish on the other. It was designed so the white finish faced the interior of a building, and the reflective surface faced up towards the underside of the roof. Although this provided superior insulation and an appealing interior appearance, a reflective surface performs much better when it is facing downward toward the interior of the building. The technology behind Astro-Pearl makes it possible to get the results you need as well as the appealing look you want. A unique layering process produces a holographic reflective finish, resulting in a surface with the appearance similar to that of a pearl. Astro-Pearl reflects up to 94 percent of radiant heat, making it a great way to reduce energy use year ‘round in virtually any type of building.
|Astro-Pearl I||One layer of bubble film between two sheets of metalized film.|
|Astro-Pearl II||Two layers of bubble film between two sheets of metalized film.|
- Industrial & Commercial
- Residential & Do-It-Yourself
Install Astro-Pearl in or around:
- exterior walls in post-frame and pre-engineered metal buildings
- crawl spaces and attics
- purlins and girts
- bottom of trusses and exposed ceilings
- HVAC ducts
- garage doors and water heaters
- any insulation need in space-constricted applications
Product Testing and Classification
Test Method or Standard
|Flame Spread||ASTME 84-08||0|
|Smoke Developed||ASTME 84-08||< 30|
|Water Vapor Transmission||ASTME 96||< 0.2 perms|
|Temperature/Humidity Resistance||ASTM C 1258||Pass|
|Bleeding and Delamination||ASTM C 1224||No Bleeding or Delamination|
|Pliability||ASTM C 1224||No Cracking or Delamination|
|Fungi Resistance||ASTM C 1338||Pass|
- Astro-Pearl works best when there is a 3/4" air space on each side of the insulation. (Larger air space is fine but a smaller one reduces its thermal effectiveness)
- Astro-Pearl should always be installed on the inside of the structure.
- Astro-Pearl will not cure existing problems. Leaking roofs, rot or mold situations or other moisture or structural problems should be corrected before installation.
- Any deteriorated wiring should be replaced prior to installing Astro-Pearl.
- Astro-Pearl should be at least 3' from any heat producing fixtures, chimneys, blowers, etc. NEVER install Astro-Pearl directly above lighting or other heat producing devices.
- Always turn off all electricity in the area when installing Astro-Pearl.